Voting In North Dakota
CAN I VOTE?
In order to vote in North Dakota, you must be;
- A U.S. Citizen
- At least 18 years old on election day
- A legal North Dakota resident
- A resident in the precinct for 30 days preceding the election
North Dakota does not currently have voter registration however the State does require you to provide an acceptable form of ID.
WHAT IS AN ACCEPTABLE FORM OF ID?
Polling Place Voting
A Valid North Dakota:
- Driver’s license
- Non-driver’s identification card
- Tribal government issued identification card
- Voter’s Affidavit
- Long-term care identification certificate (provided by ND facility)
- North Dakota form of identification listed above
- Passport or Military ID – Only for North Dakota residents living outside the United States who do not possess one of the other forms of identification.
- Attester – An applicant without an acceptable form of identification may use an attester. The attester must provide his or her name, North Dakota driver’s license, non-driver’s, or tribal identification number, and sign the absentee/mail ballot application form to attest to the applicant’s North Dakota residency and voting eligibility.
Identification must include the voter’s Name, Residential Address and Birth Date.
WHAT WILL MY BALLOT LOOK LIKE?
Sample ballots are available for every election. They are posted in the County’s official newspaper (The Jamestown Sun) as well as being available online at the North Dakota Secretary of State’s website.
WHERE DO I VOTE?
For Primary and General Elections, all residents of Stutsman County can vote at the Civic Center in Jamestown on Election Day. The normal rural precincts will also be available, refer to the maps below for locations. All residents may also take advantage of the Early Voting Precinct located at the Stutsman County Courthouse two weeks prior to Election Day.
For more election information please visit the official Stutsman County website located at https://www.co.stutsman.nd.us/government/elections-voting/ or the official North Dakota Secretary of State’s website located at https://vip.sos.nd.gov/PortalList.aspx.