The Sanitation Department is located at 3020 18th St SE, Jamestown. The Baling Facility or Transfer Station offers many resources for disposal of waste.
– Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM-3:30 PM
– Saturday 8:00 AM-11:30 AM
(Seasonal hours starting December 3, 2022, only open second Saturday of the month)
Recycling is collected EVERY OTHER WEEK, Monday – Thursday, depending on where you live.
Residential Garbage is collected weekly, Monday – Thursday, depending on where you live. Cul-de-sacs and Walk-Up Services are collected on Wednesday’s.
- Garbage & Recycling Residential Walk-up Service: $10.00 per month, per property, weekly collection, upon request of responsible party and approval by Sanitation Forman. Drivers will retrieve, empty and return recycling and garbage carts, but may not enter any structures. There is a three (3) month minimum for this service. To apply for this service please click the link below for application.
Garbage Rates – Effective January 1, 2022
- Mobile Home Courts: $17.25 per month per unit.
- Multi-Residential: $15.20 per month per unit.
- $14.25 per month (35 Gallon Cart)
- $16.50 per month (65 Gallon Cart)
- $19.60 per month (95 Gallon Cart)
Reasons for not being picked-up:
- Not out in time.
- Wrong day for pick-up
- Too close to something, preventing automated truck from reaching it.
- Blocked (could’ve had something or someone blocking it at time of pick-up).
- Overfilled or lid open.
- This is the leading cause of litter and storm-water pollution in the county. If cans are overfilled to the point the lid can’t be closed, a gust of wind could blow the trash out and into the streets, causing pollution or littering. The automated garbage trucks are designed to lift cans with lids that stay closed until the moment they’re dumped into the truck. A can with an open lid could also spill trash out when being collected or in the wind be dumped over. Another major problem is that an open can attracts animals, such as raccoons, rats, and even stray dogs and cats.
Baling Facility Rates- Effective January 1, 2020
Garbage/ Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) – $78.50/ton
Construction Material/Inert – $50.00/ton
Mixed Loads/Mixed MSW – $133.00/ton
Tree Debris/ Woodchips – $25.00/ton
Auto Tires – $5.00/each
Truck Tires – $9.50/each
Loader Tires – $50.00/each
Shredded Tires – $115.00/load
Tractor Tires – $25.00/each
Tractor Tracks: Small $130.00; Midsize $200.00; Large $255.00
Fluorescent & Mercury vapor bulbs – $1.75/each
Thermostat – $10.00/each
Asbestos – $15.00/35 gallon bag. Note: Manifest is needed for asbestos disposal.
All loads not properly secured or tarped are charged double the tipping fee. Random waste screening is practiced at this site, you will be required to participate. While at the facility all children and pets must remain inside the vehicle.
No unauthorized disposal, trespassing, scavenging, vandalism, littering, burning, hunting or disposal of prohibited wastes is allowed. Prohibited wastes includes unrinsed pesticide containers, lead acid batteries, waste oil, sludges, manure, septic tank pumpings, infectious wastes, ignitables (solvents, paints, fuel) and corrosives (acids, alkalines, reactives).
Roll Off Container Rentals: The department has a full line of containers for residential, commercial and construction needs. Call (701) 252-5900 or (701) 252-5223 for further information.
Deposits: Roll-Off deposits will be returned after the final invoice has been paid up in full. Deposits will not be used to pay invoices due. They are meant to be returned when final bills are paid.
- Residential Rental: $350.00 deposit for any size.
- MUST be ordered by homeowner/ tenant.
- Commercial Rental: $700.00 deposit for any size.
- No in/out-of-state restrictions.
Roll-off Container Haul/Tipping Fee: $195.00 + Disposal per ton.
Compactor Haul/Tipping Fee: $282.00 + Disposal per ton.
Daily: $3.50 per day.
Monthly: $70.00 per month
Quick Links: (click on links below to view information and prices)
- Baler & Recycle RATES-HOURS- as of January 2023
- Roll Off Container Rental Information/ Prices
- Solid Waste Disposal-Charge Account Application
Residential Holiday Collection Schedule
During a week when the following holidays fall on a weekday (not on a weekend) on or before your collection day, your collection will be one day late:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day